about this blog contact sabrina style guide for muslim women (hijab) advice column married life do-it-yourself projects mommy life archives guide to muslim prayer (salah) slice of lemon blog Image Map

Admission statement

Posted on December 3, 2012
Filed Under Daily, New York | 11 Comments

I’m a 29-year-old unemployed writer living in New York. I eat excess amounts of dairy, peanut butter and dark chocolate when I’m sad and I have a novel/semi-autobiographical feature/memoir/ that I’ve been working on for far too long. I’ll see you after the new year, but you’ll get a new episode of Dress Well before then! Also, you can keep up with me on twitter!

Related posts:

Willow
Day 29, in the books
Burt's Bees night cream for sensitive skin

Comments

11 Responses to “Admission statement”

1. Uzma on December 3rd, 2012 11:46 PM

Dear Sabrina,
    All the very very best as you complete the memoir. It was very interesting to read while you blogged about it, and so I am eagerly looking forward to read it in full, Inshallah soon.

As you enter this last phase of writing, you should also celebrate the journey !! (and eat even more dark chocolate out of happiness)

Again, all the best, its gonna be great, and have a great december.

God bless

2. haaniah on December 4th, 2012 11:56 AM

I’m going to miss Slice! May be its a good thing, I’m meant to be revising for finals this month!

I hope you have a wonderful winter of writing, Journey is so beautiful and real and I just can’t wait for it!

Thankyou for your work, Haaniah

3. gutbetucht on December 4th, 2012 5:52 PM

Good luck inshaallah!

4. Slice of Lemon (Sabrina) on December 4th, 2012 6:21 PM

Thanks everyone! :)

5. Nisa on December 4th, 2012 10:23 PM

Cheering for you :)

6. Li on December 5th, 2012 6:24 AM

Good luck Sabrina! One more thing to look forward to in 2013 then :)

7. Jen on December 5th, 2012 12:15 PM

If you want I’ll call you everyday and wake you up when I get up at 5 a.m.

It’ll be just like living together except you’ll have to shake yourself awake.

I know you CAN write it! Just make it happen. :)

8. Falling Up on December 5th, 2012 8:04 PM

Boo. I love checking in here and seeing a new post. But I do know that priorities should come er…prior to everything else! So good luck! I can’t wait for your Journey to be done so I can read it! Keep smiling. Peanut butter hot chocolate ain’t bad for ya.

9. meera on December 11th, 2012 7:31 AM

Salam Sabrina,

I know this is not related to your post but I just want to ask your opinion. I read your blog and I feel you would give me a good answer to this. Do you think marrying someone 6 years older than you is too old? How many years gap is there between you and ur husband?
    btw. I am unemployed too..same boat but don’t despair..there’s good in every hardship

thanks x

10. Henna on December 13th, 2012 11:24 AM

Salaam girly! InshAllah you’re gonna blow it out of the water :) See ya on the flip side!

11. Zarine Mohideen on December 17th, 2012 5:07 PM

Good luck, Sabrina! Can’t wait to read your book when it does come out!