Admission statement

I’m a 29-year-old unemployed writer living in New York. I eat excess amounts of dairy, peanut butter and dark chocolate when I’m sad and I have a novel/semi-autobiographical feature/memoir/ that I’ve been working on for far too long. I’ll see you after the new year, but you’ll get a new episode of Dress Well before then! Also, you can keep up with me on twitter!

11 comments for “Admission statement

1. December 17, 2012 at 5:07 PM

Good luck, Sabrina! Can’t wait to read your book when it does come out!

2. December 13, 2012 at 11:24 AM

Salaam girly! InshAllah you’re gonna blow it out of the water :) See ya on the flip side!

3. meera
    December 11, 2012 at 7:31 AM

Salam Sabrina,

I know this is not related to your post but I just want to ask your opinion. I read your blog and I feel you would give me a good answer to this. Do you think marrying someone 6 years older than you is too old? How many years gap is there between you and ur husband?
    btw. I am unemployed too..same boat but don’t despair..there’s good in every hardship

thanks x

4. December 5, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Boo. I love checking in here and seeing a new post. But I do know that priorities should come er…prior to everything else! So good luck! I can’t wait for your Journey to be done so I can read it! Keep smiling. Peanut butter hot chocolate ain’t bad for ya.

5. Jen
    December 5, 2012 at 12:15 PM

If you want I’ll call you everyday and wake you up when I get up at 5 a.m.

It’ll be just like living together except you’ll have to shake yourself awake.

I know you CAN write it! Just make it happen. :)

6. Li
    December 5, 2012 at 6:24 AM

Good luck Sabrina! One more thing to look forward to in 2013 then :)

7. Nisa
    December 4, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Cheering for you :)

8. December 4, 2012 at 6:21 PM

Thanks everyone! :)

9. December 4, 2012 at 5:52 PM

Good luck inshaallah!

10. December 4, 2012 at 11:56 AM

I’m going to miss Slice! May be its a good thing, I’m meant to be revising for finals this month!

I hope you have a wonderful winter of writing, Journey is so beautiful and real and I just can’t wait for it!

Thankyou for your work, Haaniah

11. December 3, 2012 at 11:46 PM

Dear Sabrina,
    All the very very best as you complete the memoir. It was very interesting to read while you blogged about it, and so I am eagerly looking forward to read it in full, Inshallah soon.

As you enter this last phase of writing, you should also celebrate the journey !! (and eat even more dark chocolate out of happiness)

Again, all the best, its gonna be great, and have a great december.

God bless